Monday, June 6, 2011

Blog 7: Scanogrpahy

Scanography:

For my one scan shot, first I had the idea of just scanning all of my necklaces into one image. Even though I liked it,  I then thought that maybe it would look cooler if I actually did something with the necklaces to make a design. So, I used to of my necklaces to spell out my name. I was careful to not disturb the spelling when I placed the black pillow case on top but I did not fold it, which is why it cam out looking grey. The only editing I had to do was rotate and flip the image so my name was spelled in the right direction. I also cropped the image
For my collage scanography, I decided to use the yellow accessories that I was given as a bridesmaid for my best friends wedding. I scanned the flowers and the shoes separately and used photoshop to bring in each flower on separate layers on top of the shoes. To do this, I just used the quick selection tool and dragged the flower on top of the image of the shoes. 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this scan. I like the blur involved with it and also the colors. The black background looks awesome with the bright yellow. And I think the shadows on the sandals are awesome. The added flowers bring some more focus into the shot and I think it works great! Good work

    ReplyDelete