Monday, May 9, 2011

Blog 3: Adjustment Layers


 1. Prairie Dog; May 8, 2011; Rexburg; f 4.0; 1/2000Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
This one is my smart filter edit and I really just wanted to play around to see the different kinds of effects that I could get. After adding the smart filter, I added box blur and then used the black paint brush to paint Roxy back in. After this, I tried a few different others just messing around. In this photo, I added the solarization filter which also left out Roxy from when I painted over with the blur. 
1. Miss E; May 8, 2011; Rexburg; f 3.4; 1/8 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
This is my adjustment layer edit. I actually found it much simpler and easy to use an adjustment layer rather than a smart filter. For this one, I also knew what I wanted to do with it. First, I added a brightness/contrast layer and adjusted it varying amounts until I found what I liked (what you see is at about 80% opacity). Then, I used the paintbrush tool on the layer mask in order to bring out her face more and the white parts of her body so it looks like she is coming out of the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment